Speculative fiction in general:
- Ann Leckie attempts to answer the question what "real science fiction" is.
- Sam Reader shares seven new Cyberpunk novels.
- Leo Elijah Cristea talks about bisexuality in fantasy.
- William Patrick Maynard discusses the odd fictional afterlife of Jules Verne's character Phileas Fogg.
- Peter Derbyshire profiles Sebastien de Castell.
- Helena Dax muses about the significance of Pavel Chekov in the original Star Trek and the reboot movies.
- Alvaro Zimos-Amaro explains why the reset button approach was probably a good thing for Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Germain Lussier shares his thoughts on the movie Arrival.
- Leah Schnelbach reports that Greg Rucka has confirmed that Wonder Woman is queer.
- Ben Yakas reports how artist Joe Reginella invented a disaster of a ferry being attacked by a giant kraken as a art project.
- A statue of H.G. Wells was unveiled in Woking, Surrey.
- Mike Glyer reports about a murder that shocked the California furry community.
Comments on The Girl With All the Gifts:
- Germain Lussier calls The Girl With All the Gifts one of the all-time great zombie films.
- Mark Kermode calls The Girl With All the Gifts provocative and imaginative.
- Michael Joyce particularly praises Sennia Nanua, the young star of The Girl With All the Gifts.
Tributes to Dave Kyle:
- Maggie Thompson shares her tribute to Dave Kyle.
- John Hertz also shares his tribute to Dave Kyle.
- Andrew Porter shares some photos of Dave Kyle through the decades.
- The winners of the 2016 British Fantasy Awards have been announced.
- The winners of the 2016 David Gemmell Awards have been announced.
- The winner of the 2016 Baen Fantasy Award has been announced.
- The winners of the 2015 Sidewise Awards have been announced.
- The winners of the 2016 Elgin and Dwarf Star Awards have been announced.
Writing, publishing and promotion:
- Kelly Robson talks about being a late blooming writer.
- Jamie Todd Rubin talks about how he came back to writing.
- John Scalzi talks about writing very long books.
- Svetlana Mintcheva looks for common ground on the thorny question of cultural appropriation.
- Jennifer R. Povey talks about the importance of proofreading.
- Jan Ruth tackles the myths of publishing.
- Noah Benjamin Pollak interviews Ken Liu.
- Dag Rambraut interviews Kristen Simmons.
- Dag Rambraut also interviews J.L. Doty.
- Laura M. Hughes interviews Marc Turner.
- Carl Slaughter interviews Kelly Robson.
- Carl Slaughter interviews Alasdair Stuart.
- Xspresso Book Tours interviews Stacy Claflin.
- N.E. White reviews The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin.
- Rob Bedford reviews One Good Dragon Deserves Another by Rachel Aaron.
- Rob Bedford also reviews The Copper Promise by Jen Williams.
- Ezra Glinter reviews Death's End by Liu Cixin.
- Mark Chitty reviews Night Without Stars by Peter F. Hamilton.
- Thea James reviews Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt.
- Faren Miller reviews Devil and the Bluebird by Jennifer Mason-Black.
- Gary K. Wolfe reviews The Dream Quest of Vellitt Boe by Kij Johnson.
- Paul di Filippo reviews Women of Futures Past, edited by Kristine Kathryn Rusch.
- Paul di Filippo also reviews Children of the New World by Alexander Weinstein.
- Paul di Filippo also reviews The Forgetting Moon by Brian Lee Durfee.
- Marissa Lingen reviews The Demon Girl's Song by Susan J. Bigelow.
- Liz Bourke reviews The Family Plot by Cherie Priest.
- Sam Reader reviews The Gradual by Christopher Priest.
- Joel Cunningham reviews Crosstalk by Connie Willis.
- Michael Patrick Hicks reviews Stranded by Bracken MacLeod.
- Volume 2 of The Long List Anthology, which collects short stories, novellettes and novellas, which just missed the Hugo Award shortlist in 2016, is looking for funding.
- Real Artists, a short film based on a story by Ken Liu, is looking for funding.
- North Windy Intermediate School in Weaverville, North Carolina, is looking for funding to buy copies of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury for its sixth grade students.
- Cat Rambo shares her experiences travelling to China to attend the Chinese Nebula Awards in Beijing among other things.
- Mark Blackman reports about a New York Review of Science Fiction reading featuring N.K. Jemisin and Kai Ashante Wilson in Brooklyn, New York.
- Aaron Pound shares some ideas how to prevent convention harrassment.
Science and technology:
- Quantum teleportation happened for real.
- New evidence of water geysers on Europa has been discovered.
- A baby has been born, which has the DNA of three people due to mitochondrial donation.
- A Japanese inventor has developed a new wind turbine to harness the power of typhoons.
Free online fiction:
- "Heroes" by Lavie Tidhar in Strange Horizons.
- "Dido, Retold" by A.T. Greenblatt in Strange Horizons.
- "Ariadne, Abandoned on Naxos" by S.M. Mack in Fireside Fiction.
- "The Garden of Sons and Husbands" by Alex Jeffers in GigaNotoSaurus.
- "The City Born Great" by N.K. Jemisin at Tor.com.
- "The Flock" by Melissa Mead in Daily Science Fiction.
- Chapter 2 and chapter 3 of Summer in Orcus by T. Kingfisher.
Odds and ends: