Speculative fiction in general:
- The participants in the SF Signal Mind Meld share their favourite weapons in science fiction and fantasy.
- Charlaine Harris shares five literary worlds that smacked her in the face.
- Ada Palmer talks about middle future science fiction.
- Charlie Jane Anders explains that io9 was founded on the idea that science fiction belongs to everyone.
- Nikki Steele shares 100 must-read science fiction and fantasy novels by women.
- Emma Newman talks about the effects of sexism on woman writers.
- Jenny Barber talks about being a woman writing science fiction and fantasy.
- Juliet E. McKenna talks about being a female midlist SFF author.
- Izetta Nicole shares an open letter to Hermione Granger.
- Isa Sanusi reports about the romance novel boom in Northern Nigeria.
- Camestros Felapton shares his appreciation for The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin.
- Europa SF profiles Swedish writer Karin Boye and her dystopian novel Kallocain.
- Zak Zyz shares his appreciation for the Sector General series by James White.
- Alan Brown shares his appreciation for the works of James H. Schmitz.
- Joyce Dong profiles Liu Cixin.
- Michael Lapointe discusses the literary legacy of the Chernobyl disaster thirty years on.
- Bibliodaze takes a look at toxic nostalgia and the backlash against the new all-female Ghostbusters film.
- Jeremy Egner profiles Welsh actor Iwan Rheon who plays Ramsay Bolton in Game of Thrones.
- Alasdair Stuart takes a look at the character of Joe West in the TV series The Flash.
- The winners of the 2016 Edgar Awards have been announced.
- The finalists for the 2016 Locus Awards have been announced.
- The nominees for the 2015 Shirley Jackson Awards have been announced.
- The nominees for the 2016 Reuben Awards have been announced.
- The nominees for the 2016 Premio Ignotus have been announced.
- Black Gate, which was nominated for a Hugo in the best fanzine category, has withdrawn itself from consideration.
- Spacefaring Extradimensional Happy Kittens has compiled links to all reactions of Hugo finalists who found themselves on the Rabid Puppy slate.
- Mike Glyer links to the statements of Hugo nominees Brooke Bolander and Daniel Polansky who give their reasons for not withdrawing.
- Tom Hunter attempts to answer the question "What's next for the Arthur C. Clarke Award?"
- Joe Sherry shares his thoughts on the 2016 Locus Awards.
Comments on Captain America: Civil War:
- Jason Guerrasio believes that Captain America: Civil War is the best Marvel movie yet.
- Derek Austin Johnson believes that Captain America: Civil War revigorates the Marvel franchise.
- Richard Lawson declares that Captain America: Civil War is the Marvel machine at peak performance.
- The Economist reports that Captain America: Civil War could have been a messy disaster, but isn't.
- Kyle Anderson declares that Captain America: Civil War is the perfect hero explosion.
- Michael Phillips claims that Captain America: Civil War offers statisfying superheroism.
- Bilge Ebiri was not overly impressed by Captain America: Civil War.
- Gregory Wakeman reports that Captain America: Civil War was made as a response to Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Luke Graham explains what Hollywood can learn from the international success of Captain America: Civil War.
- Alasdair Stuart shares his thoughts on Captain America: Civil War.
- Camestros Felapton shares his thoughts on Captain America: Civil War.
- David Edelstein shares his thoughts on Captain America: Civil War.
- Eric Eisenberg shares his thoughts about Captain America: Civil War.
- Ben Child shares the verdict on Spider-Man as portrayed by Tom Holland in Captain America: Civil War.
- Jack Giroux explains how the film team created the massive airport fight scene in Captain America: Civil War.
- Jackie Mansky profiles Joe and Anthony Russo, the directors of Captain America: Civil War.
- Steve Tilley interviews Emily van Camp who plays Sharon Carter in Captain America: Civil War.
Comments on High-Rise:
- Sean Hutchinson compares Ben Wheatley's J.G. Ballard adaptation High-Rise to David Cronenberg's Shivers.
- Andrew O'Hehir shares his thoughts on High-Rise.
- Jordan Zakarin explains how Ben Wheatley and his production team created the 1970s retro-futuristic look of High-Rise.
Writing, publishing and promotion:
- Cat Rambo talks about moving from idea to draft.
- Alexa Graves talks about accountability for writers.
- Chris Beckett explains how he writes.
- Cat Rambo explains why to write flash fiction.
- Patty Jansen shares some tips for self-publishing on a very small budget.
- Hugh Howey writes that self-publishing has never been easier.
- Heather Rose Jones explains what bad reviews are good for.
- Sarah Begley interviews Jennifer Foehner Wells.
- Rachel Cordasco interviews Thomas Olde Heuvelt.
- The Qwillery also interviews Thomas Olde Heuvelt.
- Andrea Johnson interviews Stephen Cox.
- Dag Rambraut interviews Roshani Chokshi.
- Claire Landsbaum interviews Maggie Stiefvater.
- Rachel Swirsky interviews Mary Robinette Kowal.
- Paul Weimer interviews Marc Turner.
- Michael Cummings interviews Ken Scholes.
- Steve Berman interviews Nathan Burgoine.
- Matthew C. Lamb interviews Daniel O'Malley.
- Joshua Rigsby interviews Cory Doctorow.
- Andrew Liptak interviews Marko Kloos.
- John Wiswell reviews Children of Earth and Sky by Guy Gavriel Kay.
- Ana Grilo reviews Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel.
- Adam Whitehead reviews Cold Magic by Kate Elliott.
- Paul Di Filippo reviews Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt.
- John Bardinelli reviews Admiral by Sean Danker.
- Faren Miller reviews Roadsouls by Betsy James.
- Jason Heller reviews The Chimes by Anna Small.
- Michael Patrick Hicks reviews A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay.
- Martin Morse Wooster reviews The Caped Crusade: Batman and the Rise of Nerd Culture by Glen Weldon.
- Sharon Stogner reviews The Huntsman: Winter's War.
- AZR-0: Robots in the Wild, a picture book in the form of an illustrated journal by Cesare Asaro and Kristie Shepherd, is looking for funding.
- The documentary Clark Ashton Smith: The Emperor of Dreams is looking for funding.
- The Outbound Project are looking for funding to take their play The Mission to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- SFF fan and convention organiser Ed Dravecky has died and his partner Robyn Winans needs some help with the funeral costs.
- SFF writer Judith Tarr needs some help to feed her horses.
Science and technology:
- The Large Hadron Collider was shut down by an errant weasel, which caused a short circuit.
- The main mirror for the James Webb space telescope has been revealed.
- Russia's new Vostochny space centre had a nail-biting, but ultimately successful start.
- Three earth-like planets have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star.
Free online fiction:
- "Night's Slow Poison" by Ann Leckie at Tor.com.
- "The Birth Will Take Place on a Mutually Acceptable Research Vessel" by Matthew Bailey in Lightspeed.
- "We've Lied" by Bob McHugh in Daily Science Fiction.
- "Three Points Masculine" by An Owomoyela in Lightspeed.
- "Team Invasion" by David Tallerman in Liminal Stories.
- "The Signal Birds" by Octavia Cade in Liminal Stories.
- "1957" by Stephen Cox in Apex Magazine.
- "Left Behind" by Cat Rambo in Clarkesworld.
- "Cup and Table" by Tim Pratt in Lightspeed.
- "Red as Blood and White as Bone" by Theodora Goss at Tor.com.
- "Mika Model" by Paolo Bacigalupi at Slate.
- "Revenge is Best Served Cold" by T.S. Paul.
Odds and ends: