Speculative fiction in general:
- Kevin Lessmiller reports about a copyright suit brought by Sherrilyn Kenyon against Cassandra Clare.
- Alison Flood also reports on the Sherrilyn Kenyon versus Cassandra Clare case.
- Natalie Luhrs offers a brief analysis of the Locus recommended reading list between 2011 and 2015.
- Evangeline Denmark explains that science fiction isn't just for guys.
- Sadie L. Trombetta shares eight feminist science fiction books.
- Michelle Zacarias profiles Junot Díaz.
- Terence Blacker takes both on the genre versus literary fiction debate and Kazuo Ishiguro.
- Charlie Jane Anders shares her thoughts on Kazuo Ishiguro's defence of speculative fiction.
- Katherine Trendacosta talks about bad romances in science fiction and fantasy.
- Anne M. Pillworth and Ruthanna Emrys discuss H.P. Lovecrafts most bigotted work, Medusa's Coil, written in collaboration with Zealia Bishop.
- Matthew Wuertz reports about a rigged science fiction writing contest in the 1950s.
- Heather Smith wonders whether the conspiracy theories peddled in the original X-Files aren't anachronistic today
- Angelica Jade Bastién takes a look at all of the characters Dana Scully has inspired.
- Margaret Maurer shares the ten most scathing reviews for Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Margaret Maurer also shares ten ways Star Wars redefined movies.
- Jim Davies discusses the conflicted feelings of the audience towards the various droids of Star Wars.
- Kyle Anderson shares his appreciation for John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China.
- Emily Gaudette asks why Marvel's and DC's comics are just so damned complicated.
- Foz Meadows shares her thoughts on the Dragon Age games.
- Australian science fiction author David J. Lake died aged 85.
Comments on Deadpool:
- Rebecca Pahle says that Deadpool isn't perfect, but that it is a lot of fun.
- Lesley Coffin realises that she apparently does not like Deadpool.
- Germain Lussier traces the origins of Deadpool.
Comments on the Star Trek revival:
- James Hibberd talks to Bryan Fuller who will be the showrunner for the new Star Trek show.
- Matt DiGuilio has some advice for making Star Trek awesome again.
- The nominees for the 2015 BSFA Awards have been announced.
- Alison Flood shares her thoughts on the 2015 BSFA Awards shortlist.
- The shortlist for the 2016 Audie Awards has been announced.
- The judges for the 2016 Philip K. Dick Award have been announced.
Writing, publishing and promotion:
- The participants of the latest SF Signal Mind Meld discuss books writers want to dissect.
- Yoon Ha Lee talks about the parallels between writing and music composition.
- David Neth talks about mixing up storyline and elements to keep the reader interested.
- Chris A. Jackson explains how to create a criminal protagonist that readers can root for.
- Ilana C. Myer talks about writing war in fantasy.
- Bart Bishop discusses the advantages of present tense when writing action scenes.
- Jeff Tanyard shares some tips for writing songs and poems to include in your story or novel.
- Julie E. Czerneda talks about cover design.
- M.D. Jackson analyses the military SF cover art.
- Autumn Kalquist reports about irregularities on the New York Times bestseller list.
- Tricia Sullivan interviews Emma Newman.
- Matt Staggs interviews Alison Goodman.
- Kristin Centorcelli also interviews Alison Goodman.
- Kristin Centorcelli also interviews Gemma Files.
- The Qwillery interviews Sabrina Benulis.
- Grey Dog Tales interviews Steve Vernon.
- Ellen Cheeseman-Meyer reviews Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen by Lois McMaster Bujold.
- Nicole Hill reviews A Criminal Magic by Lee Kelly.
- Ceridwen Christensen reviews Feverborn by Karen Marie Moning.
- James Davis Nicoll reviews Sung in Shadow by Tanith Lee.
- Speculating on SpecFic reviews Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner.
- Jenny Kawecki reviews An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.
- Haralambi Markov reviews Lament for the Afterlife by Lisa L. Hannett.
- Lis Carey reviews Castle Hangnail by Ursula Vernon.
- Michael Patrick Hicks reviews Going Dark by Linda Nagata.
- Michael Patrick Hicks also reviews CTRL ALT REVOLT by Nick Cole.
- John DeNardo reviews Legion by Brandon Sanderson.
- Jesse Hudson reviews The Cassini Division by Ken MacLeod.
- Max Zsol reviews Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy by Crawford Kilian.
- Derek Austin Johnson reviews the movie Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
- Issue Zero of The Black Mill, a new weird comic by Paul di Filippo and Orion Zangara, is looking for funding.
- Semiautomatic, a horror comic by Alex de Campi and Jerry Ordway, is looking for funding.
- Antithesis, a graphic novel by Erica J. Heflin and Fabian Cobos, is looking for funding.
- Pangaea II: The Rise of Dominjaron, an anthology edited by Mike Friedman, is looking for funding.
- The Offworld Collection, an anthology of diverse writing about video games, is looking for funding.
- Space Bros., a web comic by Geremy Lague and Lee, is looking for funding.
- The Daily Herald reports about the Life, the Universe and Everything Symposium in Provo, Utah.
- Lauren Faits reports about cosplayers being harassed by a photographer.
- Rachel Cordasco talks to Ian Watson about organising the 2016 Eurocon in Barcelona, Spain.
Science and technology:
- Did a head-on collision with another planet form the Earth and the Moon?
- Luxembourg is planning to become the world leader in asteroid mining.
- Pluto's mysterious floating hills are icebergs.
- The existence of gravitational waves has finally been confirmed.
- New developments in the search for alien life.
Free online fiction:
- "The Opening of the Bayou Saint John" by Shawn Scarber in Strange Horizons.
- "Breaking Water" by Indrapramit Das at Tor.com
- "Inspirations" by Seanan McGuire in Nightmare Magazine.
- "The Faerie Maker" by Nin Harris in GigaNotoSaurus.
- "The Dryad's Shoe" by T. Kingfisher in Fantasy Magazine.
- "Between Dragons and Their Wrath" by An Owomoyela and Rachel Swirsky in Clarkesworld.
- "Vulcanization" by Nisi Shawl in Nightmare Magazine.
- "The Dark Age" by Jason Gurley in Lightspeed.
- "Hereafter" by Samuel Peralta in Lightspeed.
- "Last Stand" by Floyd Looney.
- Chapter 3 of "Homage", part 92 of The Descendants by Landon Porter.
Odds and ends:
- Watch a trailer for Captain America: Civil War.
- Watch a trailer for Deadpool.
- Watch a trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse.
- Watch a trailer for Batman versus Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Watch a trailer for Independence Day 2.
- Watch a trailer for The Jungle Book.
- Watch a trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Out of the Shadows.
- Watch Hulk chase Ant-Man in this Coca Cola commercial.