Speculative fiction in general:
- The participants of the latest Mind Meld shares their favourite visions about the future in SFF.
- Andrew Liptak discusses ten fictional megastructures.
- Brenda Cooper shares her obsession with robots.
- Arkady Martine takes a look at artificial intelligence and queerness in Chris Moriarty's Spin trilogy.
- Malka Older discusses the line between Cyberpunk and Post-Cyberpunk.
- Several authors weigh in on the best and worst aspects of Cyberpunk.
- Future War Stories share ten crucial elements of military science fiction.
- Jeff Somers shares a rough guide to single climate planets.
- Justina Robson talks about being a woman writing science fiction and fantasy.
- Joanne Hall talks about being a woman writing science fiction and fantasy.
- Joel Minty shares his appreciation for the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson.
- Zach Brooke reports how a marketing campaign for the 1981 fantasy novel The Secret by Byron Preiss led to a 35 year treasure hunt.
- Alison Flood profiles Adam Croft.
- Steven Spohn shares an open letter to Joyo Moyes.
- Alex Storer talks about illustrating science fiction.
- Abraham Riesman profiles comics writer Louise Simonson.
- Tony Guerrero reports that Superman is dead again.
- Cass R. Sunstein explains what Star Wars really is about.
- John Plunkett reports that the role of Doctor Who would almost have been played by a black actor.
- Josh Kramer shares an illustrated guide about why adults are playing Dungeons & Dragons.
- Longtime SFF critic and fan James H. Burns has died aged 56.
- The finalists for the 2016 Mythopoetic Fantasy Awards have been announced.
- The finalists for the 2016 British Fantasy Awards have been announced.
- The finalists for the 2016 Prism Awards have been announced.
- The nominees for the 2016 Chesley Awards have been announced.
- The longlist for the 2016 Sunburst Awards has been announced.
- The Chinese Association for Science and Technology has announced that it is setting up its own SFF award.
The "Fandom is broken" debate:
- Elizabeth Minkel shares her response to Devin Faraci's claim that fandom is broken.
- Zoe Quinn weighs in on the toxic fandom debate.
Comments on Warcraft:
- Jason Schreier says that Warcraft is not good.
- Germain Lussier feels that Warcraft is too busy setting up future sequels that may never be made to function as a self-contained movie.
- Alasdair Stuart calls Warcraft a tragedy with surprising depth.
- James Whitbrook reports that Warcraft is extremely popular in China.
Writing, publishing and promotion:
- Maria Popova shares Ray Bradbury's advice how making lists can boost your creativity.
- Evan Pickering talks about his daily writing habits.
- Mark McClure talks about the time travelling writer's life.
- M.J. Kelley talks about the joys and setbacks of worldbuilding.
- Aderyn Wood talks about outlining.
- Colin Dickey offers a defence of the adverb.
- Laura Lis Scott talks about the author/editor relationship.
- Kameron Hurley explains that who you know matters in publishing.
- Alessandra Clarke shares some thoughts about reviews.
- Ronovan Hester explains why readers stop reading books.
- John Scalzi discusses Amazon author rankings and envy.
- Indies Unlimited talks about some problems with e-mail marketing.
- Rachel Swirsky interviews Ann Leckie.
- Dag Rambraut interviews Brenda Cooper.
- Dag Rambraut also interviews Todd Berger.
- Carl Slaughter interviews Lawrence M. Schoen.
- Ilana Teitelbaum interviews Guy Gavriel Kay.
- Andrea Johnson interviews Mary Pletsch.
- Smash Dragons interviews Hank Schwaeble.
- Grey Dog Tales interviews Joanne Hall.
- Jonathan Thornton reviews Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire.
- The Speculative Herald reviews Spear of Light by Brenda Cooper.
- Kelsey Jefferson Barrett reviews Last Call at the Nightshade Lodge by Paul Krueger.
- Rob Bedford reviews The Book of Phoenix by Nnedi Okorafor.
- Ana Grilo reviews Jolly Foul Play by Robin Stevens.
- Kate Coe reviews The Tree of Souls by Katrina Archer.
- Nicole Hill reviews A Green and Ancient Light by Frederic S. Durbin.
- Andrew Liptak reviews The Fireman by Joe Hill.
- Jason Heller reviews Infomocracy by Malka Older.
- Michael Patrick Hicks reviews A Song for No Man's Land and Return of Souls by Andy Remic.
- Rachael McKenzie reviews The God Wave by Patrick Hemstreet.
- Alexandra Erin shares her experiences at WisCon in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Mikki Kendall reports about her experiences at WisCon.
- K. Tempest Bradford also reports about WisCon.
- Mark Oshiro shares his experiences at WisCon.
- Charles Payseur shares his experiences at WisCon.
- Sigrid Ellis shares a few thoughts about WisCon.
- Michael J. Martinez shares his experiences at Phoenix Comicon in Phoenix, Arizona.
- David Paul Hellings reports about the UK Games Expo in Birmingham, UK.
- The board have issued a statement regarding organisational issues at Balticon 50 in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Steve Fahnestalk remembers Moscon in Moscow, Idaho.
- Ursula Vernon reports about the evolution of convention art shows.
- Geeks Doing Good is raising money for the Worldbuilders charity and is looking for donations.
- Fantasy Fraction is looking for patrons.
- The annual Clarion Write-a-Thon is looking for participants.
Science and technology:
- Is the universe expanding faster than we thought?
- A newly born exoplanet is being torn to shreds.
- China wants to build a deep sea space station.
- What happened to the dream of underground cities?
Free online fiction:
- "Folk Hero" by Mary Pletsch in Apex Magazine.
- "Lullaby for a Lost World" by Aliette de Bodard at Tor.com.
- "The Mighty Phin" by Nisi Shawl at Tor.com.
- "Man of God" by Koren Shadmi in Terraform.
- "The Snow of Jinyang" by Zhang Ran, translated by Ken Liu and Carmen Yiling Yan in Clarkesworld.
- "And Then, One Day, the Air was Full of Voices" by Margaret Ronald in Clarkesworld.
- "Walk Briskly" by Alexandra Erin.
- Chapter 6 of Escape from the Free Republic by Floyd Looney.
Odds and ends:
- Watch a trailer for The Space Between Us.
- Watch a trailer for Independence Day: Resurgence.
- Watch some videos introducing the four new Ghostbusters and their secretary.
- Watch a teaser for About Tomorrow, a documentary about the 2015 Hugo Awards controversy.
- Watch a (fake) trailer for Captain America: Civil War, as it would look if it had been directed by Ed Wood in the 1950s.