Speculative fiction in general:
- Amelia Smith shares her favourite fantasy and science fiction novels.
- AQ's Reviews share their thoughts on Way Station by Clifford D. Simak.
- Paul Weimer shares his appreciation for City by Clifford D. Simak.
- M.D. Jackson explains who Doc Savage is, for those who don't know.
- Mike Chomko traces the history of the science fiction pulp magazines Amazing Stories.
- Mike Chomko shares his appreciation for Murray Leinster.
- Gillian Polack shares a letter to James Tiptree Jr. a.k.a. Alice B. Sheldon.
- Jim C. Hines offers some genderswapped excerpts from classic SFF novels.
- Katherine Langrish talks about meaningful fantasy.
- Salik Shah talks about science fiction and fantasy in, about and for South Asia.
- Jim C. Hines talks about racism and the backlash against black Hermione.
- Evan Narcisse shares his thoughts about the death of an important Marvel Comics character (spoilers).
- Renay Williams outlines her strategy for boycotting Steve Rogers: Captain America in the light of recent revelations.
- Andrew Liptak praises the diverse cast of several SFF shows on the SyFy Channel.
- Stephen M. Colbert explains the alternate history that leads up to Independence Day: Resurgence.
- Cheryl Eddy shares her appreciation for the movie Bubba Ho-Tep.
- Mark Mortimer discusses the lost science of the movie 2001 - A Space Odyssey.
- CBS and Paramount have issued guidelines for Star Trek fan films.
- Actor Anton Yelchin, who played Chekov in the new Star Trek, has died aged 27.
- Andrew Liptak reports that Anton Yelchin's death may have been due to a faulty car.
News about Star Wars: Rogue One:
- James Whitbrook reports that there are finally some solid details about Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Germain Lussier sums up what we know about the characters of Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Anthony Breznican shares some more information about Saw Gerrera, the character played by Forest Whitaker in Star Wars: Rogue One.
- The winners of the 2016 Rhysling Awards have been announced.
- The winners of the 2016 Sir Julius Vogel Awards have been announced.
- The winner of the 2016 Dell Magazine Award has been announced.
- The finalists for the inaugural Eugie Foster Award have been announced.
- The nominees for the 2016 Manly Wade Wellman Award have been announced.
- The shortlist for the 2016 Elgin Award has been announced.
- The shortlist for the 2016 Dwarf Stars Award has been announced.
- Renay Williams talks about the importance of awards shortlists and longlists as a record for the future.
- Steve Davidson replies to people who claim to have never heard of the Hugo Awards.
Writing, publishing and promotion:
- Evan Pickering explains why he writes.
- Cassandra Khaw talks about voice and why some writing advice can be harmful.
- Penelope Redmont shares three tips to make plotting easy.
- Penelope Redmont also shares four easy ways to begin a novel.
- Juliette Wade shares some tips for going beyond the default in your worldbuilding.
- Jeffrey Aaron Miller talks about creating memorable settings.
- Yoon Ha Lee talks about characterisation and writing geniuses, when one is not a genius oneself.
- Aaron Miles talks about character group dynamics.
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch talks about contracts and dealbreakers.
- David Neth talks about group promos.
- George R.R. Martin and Stephen King interview each other (video link).
- Carl Slaughter interviews Ann Leckie.
- Jami Grey interviews Seanan McGuire.
- Jason Kehe interviews N.K. Jemisin.
- Brandon Courcy interviews Carolynn Gockel.
- Matt Mitrovich interviews Jeff Provine.
- The Qwillery interviews Taylor Anderson.
- Matt Goldberg interviews Bryan Fuller, showrunner of the planned new Star Trek TV show.
- Russell Letson reviews Visitor by C.J. Cherryh.
- Kelly Anderson reviews Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor.
- Nicole Hill reviews False Hearts by Laura Lam.
- Nicole Hill also reviews New Pompeii by Daniel Godfrey.
- Rob Bedford reviews The Book of Phoenix by Nnedi Okorafor.
- Ross Johnson reviews Mechanical Failure by Joe Zieja.
- Ricky L. Brown also reviews Mechanical Failure by Joe Zieja.
- Sam Reader reviews Escapology by Ren Warom.
- Paul Weimer reviews the Sin du Jour novella series by Matt Wallace.
- Michael Patrick Hicks reviews Consequences by John Quick.
- N.K. Jemisin reviews newly released SFF novels.
- Joe Sherry reviews the 2016 Hugo nominees for best novel.
- Tara Lynne reviews Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden.
- Juliette Wade's Dive into Worldbuilding show and workshop is looking for patrons.
- Famous Monsters of Filmland is looking for funding for the comic book anthology Tales from the Acker-Mansion to celebrate Forrest J. Ackerman's 100th birthday.
- The Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library is looking for funding to be able to afford a permanent home for the collection.
- John O'Neill shares his experiences at Windy City Pulp and Paper Con in Chicago, Illinois.
- Dave Taylor shares some cosplay pictures from Denver Comic-Con in Denver, Colorado.
Science and technology:
- A small asteroid is Earth's constant companion.
- Will the alien megastructure mystery finally be solved?
Free online fiction:
- "The Red Thread" by Sofia Samatar in Lightspeed.
- "Chains" by A.J. Hartley at Tor.com.
- "Falling" by Susan Jane Bigelow at The Booksmugglers.
- "Wilson's Singularity" by Terence Taylor in Lightspeed.
- "The Other Wilson" by T.S. Paul.
- "The Sapin Pets" by Floyd Looney
- Chapter 8 and chapter 9 of Escape from the Free Republic by Floyd Looney.
Odds and ends:
- Watch a trailer for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
- Watch a trailer for Westworld.
- Watch a trailer for Moana.
- Watch a video explaining the survival and reappearance of Dr. Okun, the character played by Brent Spiner in Independence Day and Independence Day: Resurgence.
- Barbara Barrett shares some photos of the impressive pulp and genre fiction cover art collection of Doug Ellis.