Thursday, June 5, 2014

Benton: A Zombie Novel by Jolie Du Pré

Sub Genre: New Adult Romance/Zombie Apocalypse
Release Date: May 18, 2014

ABOUT Benton: A Zombie Novel

Zombies have killed everyone in the Benton household--all except twenty-something Jennifer. She's escaped her bedroom, but what now? Waterbank, Illinois is overrun. Where can she go?

A chance encounter with seven other young survivors points her toward Texas. A charismatic, handsome young man named Mark says he can lead them all to his family's ranch. He's sure they'll be safe there. Jennifer wants to trust him, with her life and possibly her heart.

There's no place else to go, there's no way to escape the zombies but through, and there's no telling if Jennifer and Mark will live long enough to act on the emotion building between them.

~ EXCERPT ~

A zombie is a reanimated corpse that feeds on living flesh. Before this all happened, I’d seen them in TV shows or in the movies. But now I know they’re real.

The day my mother turned into one is a day that will stay with me for as long as I can survive this. It was six weeks ago, the same day I turned my bedroom into my home.

She’s never seen me in my bedroom since she became a zombie. I make sure of that. But my instinct tells me that she knows I’m in here.

Zombies don’t sleep. At least the thing that used to be my mother doesn’t. It’s like they go dormant and then come out of it when something gets their attention.

She’s stood in that spot, swaying from side to side, night and day, for weeks and weeks. If she ever breaks the window, if she and the other zombies ever manage to knock down the wood, you’d better believe I’m history without my rifle.

My name is Jennifer Benton. I’m twenty-three and I’m from Waterbank, Illinois. I’m the only person left in the Benton home.


Jolie du Pre is a full-time, published author, editor, article writer, and blogger. She has short stories in over 15 books; she’s the author of a novella, and she’s the editor of three anthologies. Today, Jolie’s focus is on her new adult/romance/zombie apocalypse series – BENTON. Jolie is a married mother of two who loves writing, reading, traveling, cooking, running, pole dance fitness, and monsters, especially zombies.


~ Giveaway ~

2 comments: