Sunday, May 14, 2023

Cora goes to Metropol Con in Berlin

 

MetropolCon graphic

This week, from Thursday May 18 to Saturday May 20, I will be at Metropol Con, a new multimedia SFF con in Berlin.

The venue is the silent green Kulturquartier in the Wedding neighbourhood in Berlin. The silent green Kulturquartier is a former crematorium (built in 1910) turned cultural center and events venue.

This is actually the first in person con I'm attending since 2019, though I have attended several virtual cons since then. But great as virtual conventions are, in person cons are a different matter altogether and I'm really looking forward to the experience.

If you happen to be at Metropol Con, you can see me on the following panels:

Translation: What gets lost and what is gained

Friday, May 19, 2023, 9:30 AM in Atelier 1

Participants: CD Covington, Julie Nováková, Cora Buhlert, Moderator: Claudia Rapp

SFFH around the globe: developments, themes, trends

Friday, May 19, 2023, 12:30 PM in the Kuppelhalle

Participants: Mary Robinette Kowal, Peter J. Maurits, Cora Buhlert, Moderator: Sabrina Železný

I'll also be hanging out at the con and attending programming, so if you see me, say hello.

Once I'm back, there will of course be photos and a con report.

No comments:

Post a Comment