Thursday, April 16, 2020

Time Grab by Al Traversky

Release date: March 30, 2020
Subgenre: Time Travel

About Time Grab:

 

What if you were told you could re-write your past to solve the problems of your present life and save your future?
Farah Wendell is scared. Her life is falling apart. She’s started waking up in increasingly terrifying and dangerous situations with no memory of how she got there and no understanding of why these events are happening.

She’s desperate to find out the cause and to put a stop to it.

And then a mysterious visitor appears to offer Farah hope.

But could you trust a stranger who says that the solution to your problems lies in lucid dreams, time travel and telepathy? Or when they tell you the cause of this new horror in your life is a sadistic psychopathic killer from a dystopian future?

Can Farah channel her inner female heroine to save her family and her own future? 

 

Excerpt:

 

I must have invited her inside because the woman with the vintage-style coat and hair was sat in my living room on the edge of my brown, faux-leather sofa. I began to think I’d misheard or misunderstood what she’d said. How could she possibly know about a dream I’d only just awoken from? Her navy blue coat was still fastened right up under her chin. She must have noticed me look. “I feel the cold,” she shrugged and smiled almost apologetically. She glanced around my apartment with a wistful half-smile. 

“What did you say about a dream?” still standing, I hugged my coffee mug with both hands to warm a sudden chill in my bones, “and I’m sorry, but who exactly are you?”

“Please, will you sit down so we can talk?” uncertain eyes implored me.

“I’d prefer to stand,” I said and kept my sight trained on her, “just tell me what this is all about.”

“Do you mind if I call you ‘Farah’?”

I shrugged. The last 24 hours had been unsettling, to say the least, but I had a terrible feeling that things could be about to get worse.

“I’ve thought long and hard about how to approach this meeting, Farah,” she said wringing the unworn glove in both hands, “I know what I’m about to tell you isn’t anything you’ll fully understand or accept from this single meeting. I realize that.”

This strange woman was saying and doing nothing to alleviate my suspicions about her state of mind. If anything, I only grew warier.

“You’re going to have a lot of questions for me. I won’t have time to answer them all on this visit. I’m on a tighter time schedule than you can imagine. Just hear me out, and then you’ll have a better understanding when we talk again.” Lined blue eyes moved back and forth across mine as if assessing my reaction.

I searched my head for a clue that might make a grain of sense out of what the hell she was saying.

“Please, bear with me and try to keep an open mind when you hear what I tell you first,” her voice was soft and pleading, her eyes never left mine, “keep a very open mind, Farah,” she said, this time a little firmer. There was definitely something unnervingly familiar about her but I couldn’t place it. Like she was someone I should know, and yet I didn’t. Not quite.“Could you get to the point?” I said.

“Okay,” she took a deep breath, “I’m here from the future,” she said, “your future to be precise. Nineteen years in your future. 2040.”

It took a few moments for my brain to process her words and then...I laughed. Maybe I should have been scared, but I couldn’t help my reaction. I grinned at her, waiting, expecting some sort of follow-up, a ‘punch line’ if you like.

But the woman just held my gaze, straight-faced, her eyes searched mine. “I did warn you. There was no easy way to do this. And the point is,” she sighed and her face relaxed into a less-controlled smile, “what I just told you isn’t even the most unlikely-sounding claim I’m here to make.”

 

Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE

 

About Al Traversky: 

Al Traversky is the author of more than 70 works of fiction and non-fiction in genres other than Sci-Fi. A number of his books to date have hit Top 3 in the Amazon Bestsellers charts in both the US and UK. A long time Science Fiction fan and reader, Time Grab (published on 31st March 2020), will be the first under his Al Traversky name.

When he’s not hunched over the keyboard grinding out the words or reading authors like Koontz, Bradbury, Beam Piper and Lovecraft, Al can usually be found wasting time on his PS4 or playing loud rock music.

 

Website | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment